Sunday, September 8, 2013

Harry Perseverance

The first impression of leadership I think I can ever remember having would definitely be Harry Potter. I first read the books between the summer of my 4th and 5th grade year. I fell in love and I still absolutely love Harry Potter but that's besides the point.

I think even from the very beginning I could relate to Harry because he was an eleven year old who has been through a lot but pushes through it all to embrace something totally new and try to stand above the crowd. There's a part at the very end of the first book that really inspires me, Hermione is telling Harry how brave he is, and how good he is at making friends and it's very heart touching. Harry Potter is a relatable character, he's not afraid to stand up and take the plate, he's compassionate, and he's a person who you can look up to because he isn't afraid of being himself. Sometimes people may call him stupid for chasing after the bad guy, but I feel that it just shows that you have to advance through the hard spots in order to get you to a better spot, and even if you have to keep pushing your perseverance will pay off in the end.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kasey, awesome post! I love that you chose Harry Potter because I don't think that many people really take the time to realize how great of a leader he is. He helps his followers overcome obstacles that are presented to them and stays true to himself. I believe these are two attributes of a respected leader. I agree that perseverance definitely pays off in the end, even if it is difficult at times.

    ReplyDelete