Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Telling Me About Me

Our assignment description this week was to interview someone about our positive negative leadership styles and reflect on how this feedback made us feel.
 
 
So when I was asked to interview someone I realized that there aren't many people on the OSU campus I'm close to yet or anyone that really knows me. This assignment then consisted of feedback from my mentor, people around campus, a call to my mom and a few relatives, and another call back home to my manager at Taco Bell. Between all of these people, they helped me compose a list of my good leadership traits and bad leadership traits. Positively, I was told that I'm an Initiator (good at starting projects, converstations, etc.), outgoing, open-minded, negotiable, outspoken, outside-the-box thinker, intuitive, and a creative thinker. It made me feel good that I come off onto people in this way and I realized that all of these things reflect my top morals and values. However, some bad feedback I received was that I can be short-tempered, distracted, procrastinator and bad priorities, and sometimes I'm TOO much of a perfectionist. While nobody likes negative feedback, I usually welcome constructive criticism. I use this as a goal to improve on myself in not only my day to day interactions with others, but to help myself personally and mentally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment